Please read this page thoroughly before you register your child.
All programs are for chidren in grades K-8 whose primary residence is in New Canaan, CT, unless specifically noted in the program description.
The NCLA reserves the right to request a player's proof of residency at any time in which case a registered player's participation in any NCLA program is suspended until the NCLA Board is satisfied with an acceptable proof of residency.
For all Spring programs, the NCLA is obligated to enforce birth date ranges for players in grades 5-8 as mandated and designated by CONNY and US Lacrosse. Each birth date range is specified in each program description.
- If your player is OLDER than the birth date range identified for his/her grade level program, you may petition CONNY to allow your child to remain in his/her grade level program by following the steps below. NCLA is obligated to enforce the final decision made by CONNY.
- If your player is YOUNGER than the birth date range, then he/she may elect to remain in their grade level as enrolled in school.
- If you plan to petition CONNY, please do so as soon as possible as the deliberation process will take some time.
Instructions to petition CONNY:
- Click here to read the requirements for a CONNY petition letter. You will need to scroll down to Section 2, entitled "Teams."
- Write one petition email and send it to:
Richard Greenwood, CONNY President:
Jack Couch, CONNY Secretary:
Pete Deane, NCLA Co-President: email@example.com
Kerry Hanson, NCLA Co-President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring programs for girls and boys, preseason for girls and boys, Fall Ball for girls and boys in some grades, Winter Rambox for boys, and special clinics for girls and boys are offered.
All registrations must be done online.
If you have any questions about registration, please contact NCLA Registrar Darcy Smith by emailing email@example.com.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR GRADES 5-8: JANUARY 17, 2018.
Registrations after midnight on Jan. 17th will incur an additional fee of $225.00.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR GRADES K-4: MARCH 1, 2018. Registrations after midnight on March 1st will incur an additional fee of $75.00.
1. Click on the "Register Online" button.
2. Select the program you wish to register for from the dropdown menu.
3. Follow the prompts and be sure to check your account information for accuracy. The system will bring you to and from the US Lacrosse website in order to make sure your player has a current US Lacrosse number that will be good for the duration of the spring season (through June 2018). The US Lacrosse membership is required for insurance purposes and their fee is not refundable.
4. Once the US Lacrosse site returns you to the NCLA site, complete your registration by following the prompts and by paying for the program. Registrations that are not paid are not fully processed. Only fully processed registered players are permitted to step on the field for an NCLA program. A player may not register for any NCLA programs if his/her family has an outstanding balance; the balance must be paid prior to additional registrations. While the system will permit you to "sign up" for a program without immediately paying, unpaid registrations are automatically sent to the waitlist after a 5-day grace period, and a spot is not reserved for your player. If this happens, please email the registrar to make payment arrangements.
5. Check your email for a registration confirmation email from NCLA.
If you have any questions about financial aid, please click on the "Scholarships/Financial Aid" button in the lefthand menu of this website. There you will find our Financial Aid Request Form. You are invited to contact NCLA Treasurer Charlie Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions. Your inquiries about financial aid remain confidential among the small committee of Board Members responsible for reviewing financial aid requests.
One uniform per player is included in the cost of the program.
This year's uniforms will be provided by Lax.com in Norwalk. However, NCLA will arrange 2 or 3 uniform pickup days in New Canaan once the uniforms are in.
Jersey numbers are assigned at random; please manage your (player's) expectations regarding jersey numbers.
2018 PRACTICE SCHEDULES
For Grades 5-8, games should begin the weekend of March 25, 2018. There will be games the second weekend of the NCPS spring break: April 14-15th, 2018.
For grades K-4, we anticipate beginning lacrosse on March 31, 2018 pending fields and weather.
NCLA schedules are not finalized until we are able to confirm coaching and field schedules which will not be until March.
While NCLA makes an effort to coordinate with other youth sports programs when creating the master schedule, we expect NCLA Lacrosse to be a player's priority during the spring sports season for grades 5-8.
Neither late registration fees nor the refund processing fee of $25 will be waived for any scheduling reasons for any programs.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Please click here for the NCLA Code of Conduct Policy.
Be sure to review this policy with each of your NCLA lacrosse players before the season begins.
Please click here for the NCLA Refund Policy.
DONATIONS & SPONSORSHIPS
The NCLA is a non-profit organization, and we greatly appreciate any donation, great or small. If you or your company would like to become a sponsor of the NCLA, please contact NCLA Secretary Brenda Mahoney at email@example.com.
Financial Aid: contact Treasurer Charlie Watson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration: contact Darcy Smith: email@example.com
Lacrosse Curriculum: contact the appropriate Grade Coordinator or the VP of the Girls or Boys Program
Other: please click on the "Feedback" button and send your inquiry.